Sunday, October 2, 2016

HE DID IT ALL FOR ME


HE DID IT ALL FOR ME I Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness;

How I can not think of a thing so personal as sin and salvation. When the Bible says, "For all have sinned", I am persuaded to think, "all but me". And when the Word says, "There is none righteous, no not one", I want to add, "except me". When God speaks and says, "There is not a just man upon the earth". I want to say, "How about me?" I am righteous and sinless and others that do not mean me. Jn. 3:16 ... "all but me?"

I-HE CAME INTO A SINNER’S WORLD.
A. This is a sinner’s world and a world of sinners. It is a world of pain and grief, of disease, depravation, war and starvation. It is a world torn by storm, earthquake, and eruption, populated by men torn by crime, war, lies and corruption.
b. Yes, there is concern in heaven for the plight of sinful men. For 
John 3:16 is true, God does love AND  God cares -- Matt. 10:29-31

II. HE LIVED THE SINNER’S LIFE.
A. Not a sinner’s life, but the life of ordinary men or the ordinary life of men. With his hands he labored in the carpenter’s shop; he attended weddings1. He knew the heart rending pain that accompanies a funeral. He ate, he drank, he slept. He sailed in a boat with his fishermen friends; he sat weary at the well and was hungry in the sharp morning air.
2. He was familiar with all the things you and I are familiar with. You and I face temptation to sin but he was face to face with the master of sin after he had been alone, neither eating or drinking, for 40 days.


III. HE SYMPATHIZED WITH SINNER’S GRIEFS.
A. Our Saviour knows the feeling of pain, of the flesh, in the spirit, and of the heart. He knows disappointment as when one is rejected.
1. Rich young ruler. Peter’s denial. Judas betrayal. His rejection by the people before Pilate.
2. He knows the pain of not being believed.

IV. HE DIED THE SINNER’S DEATH.
A. He was wounded for our transgressions. He had no sin, he was not guilty of any crime either before men or God.
1. He was treated as the scapegoat, the outcast leper, the sin offering of the whole human family.
2. The iniquities of us all met in Him.
3. He stood as our substitute, sacrifice and satisfaction. All the guilt, and curse and penalty of God’s broken Law borne up and exhausted in his suffering body.
a. Isaiah. 53:3-5 “by his wounds you have been healed.”
b. II Cor. 5:21
c. Rejected by His own father -- "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
B. He didn’t have to. The only law driving him to take my place and suffer for my sins was his own Law of Love.
1. (Rom. 5:8) -- "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

V. HE IS PREPARING THE SINNER’S HOME.
A. "I go to prepare a place for you." FOR ME! FOR YOU!! For an old sinner like me He is preparing heaven’s best.

2. And what of the wedding dinner, of lamb...the old saints,...the family circle.


If you are a lost sinner than it is my joy to tell you the good new. God loves you. Jesus died for you. He suffered the agony of the cross because of his love for you. Yes, he did it all for you.

No comments: